Thursday, May 2, 2013

BOOK REVIEW: THE MAGICIAN'S NEPHEW

You knew this was coming didn't you? Who can't read a Narnia book and not want to write about it?




Title:  The Magician's Nephew

Author: C.S. Lewis

Genre: Christian, fantasy

Rating:  5 out of 5 stars

Synopsis:  Polly and Digory become friends one day in London.  On one of their playing escapades they stumble upon a secret room, Digory's Uncle Andrew's study.  His uncle claiming to be a magician sends them to someplace else. They will encounter Aslan's Narnia newly created from his song, the evil witch Jadis before they will finally return home.

My Thoughts:  Okay so I LOVED THIS BOOK.  Digory and Polly were wonderful together even if they did end up in a fight now or then.   Uncle Andrew- you couldn't help but feel sorry for him at times and I love this part:

[Jadis]  "Procure for me at once a chariot or a flying carpet or a well-trained dragon, or whatever is usual for royal and noble persons in your land.  Then bring me to places where I can get clothes and jewels and slaves fit for my rank.  Tomorrow I will begin the conquest of the world".

"I-I-I'll go and order a cab at once", gasped Uncle Andrew

Ha, that whole chapter was hilarious.  Can't wait for the next book : The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe.  Excited to begin!

Negative Elements:  There is a little violence in the book very very mild but probably best for ages 8 and up.

1 comment:

  1. So glad you've read it! The rest just get better and better!! ^__^

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...