Friday, April 19, 2013

Concerning BRAVE

Mi familia and I watched this movie for the first time Thursday night.   
I liked some of it and didn't care for a lot of it.  In my personal opinion it wasn't a kid movie. The rebellion was too intense, rude behavior and a certain low cut dress made me disappointed with Pixar.

The things I did like about it were first of all the accents especially when Merida said
"Oh Ma, its just my bow".  We all sorta cracked up on that part.  The music was awesome.  Loved that Celtic sound.  I joked that Kristyn Getty was singing Merida's song Ha!  (We are die-hard Getty fans by the way) I might even buy the sound track.
(This was my favorite song by the way)




I also liked the animation. When we first put it on my Mama said " I thought this movie was animated"- yeah it was that good. (and her bright curly hair was amazing).
The part with the boys competing for her (Merida's) hand was to me the funniest part of the movie especially when one of the boys started freaking out with his bow.  Ha!

I guess my expectations for this movie were high and when I heard it was a Celtic theme it made them even higher.
All in all this isn't your cute Monster's Inc. movie destined for the kid friendly section and frankly the plot didn't appeal to me (it was a little boring).   I kind of feel like Woody on Toy Story 3 concerning my feelings for Pixar on this movie

"So this is it?  After all we've been through".......

I most likely wouldn't recommend this movie although the soundtrack is a different story.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...